Thursday, July 28, 2011

TILT (the unemployed edition)


So since I got fired on Monday, I figured a good 'ol TILT would be a good idea this week.


Turkey the Puppy: I love my dog more and more every day. Even the annoying stuff. My favorite thing is watching her sleep when she's dreaming. The running feet, twitchy nose and echoy woofs. I love that she sleeps pressed up against me. She'll be a year old on August 1st (we're estimating). She's got such a weird/wonderful personality and I just adore her.


Air conditioned bedrooms: We only have a window unit in the bedroom and the nice tv/PS3/Roku is all downstairs, so we end up spending most of the time downstairs. I grew up without A/C, so really, I can handle it most of the time, but there is something downright magical about stepping into an air-conditioned room after sweating all day. It's only better when you get to sleep on cool sheets and wake up burrowed under the covers.


Cleaning: This may seem like a weird one, but there is something very cathartic about making a messy room clean. I always feel like when my house is messy, so is my brain. Having a nice clean house makes me be able to breathe easier. I just turn a movie/music on and I can spend hours organizing.


Freedom: The feeling hasn't totally hit me yet, but the extreme anxiety I felt every night I had to go to work the next day is leaving me. I'd like to keep my freedom and after this "vacation" week, I'm making a point to keep a schedule and be productive, because I just can't sit around doing nothing constantly. I'm addicted to having a schedule, but now I have the freedom to make it whatever I want. That's a beautiful feeling.


The Rest: The Roku, Desperate Housewives, my friend Tommy being on Hell's Kitchen, new movies, cleaning supplies, buying organizational tools, random forehead kisses, wine, having the whole bed to myself, morning snuggles with Matt (and inevitably Turkey), crossword puzzles with friends, swimming!, giant fans, The Phillies, The Perogie Hoagie, small yet amazing neighborhood pubs, making new friends, reconnecting with old friends, taking a swan dive off the top of a jeep and loving/hating the subsequent (intense) bruises, really true friends that love you no matter no what and make it a point to be sure you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment